Life and Career Edit
Finlay attended St. Jerome's Primary School followed by Lourdes Secondary School. He used to play the mandolin in a bluegrass band, and he plays the guitar. He has acted in commercials for NHS Mental Health and SAAS Student Loan. Finlay first gained recognition for playing Dale Jackson on the TV series Waterloo Road, and Mark Walker on the series River City, and most recently and probably most famous for, his role as Enoch O'Connor in the film adaption of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
Finlay lives in Glasgow, Scotland, though he travels a lot to places such as Los Angeles and London.
- Finlay wants to make an album one day.
- He says he plans to live in Glasgow, Scotland all his life, because he likes it too much to leave it.
- Finlay has said in interviews he loved acting out scenes in movies as a child, and would put on performances for his parents just for the fun of it.
- Finlay has knife-throwing skills picked up from watching Star Wars as a child.
- His idols include Johnny Depp and James Bond.
- His favorite line from a movie is "We're gonna need a bigger boat", from Jaws.